Branding basics simplified
Branding is one of the most important aspects of any business no matter whether it is Large scales or small, retail or B2B online or offline. To stand out in the competitive market, each business should have an effective brand strategy. In short, branding is nothing but putting your promises in front of your customer. Branding explains to the customer what they can expect from your products and services, and it differentiates your offering from your competitors. Your brand is derived from who you are, who you want to be and who people perceive you to be. Who you are should be based to some extent on who is your target customer, what they want and need you to be. You may be either experienced, reliable or maybe innovative novices, Your product is the high-cost, high-quality option, or the low-cost, high-value option. You can’t be both, and you can’t be all things to all people. The foundation of your brand is your logo. Your website, packaging and promotional materials–all of which should integrate your logo–communicate your brand.
Brand Strategy & Equity
Your brand strategy is how, what, where, when and to whom you plan on communicating and delivering your brand message, your advertising, what you communicate visually and verbally, Your distribution channel is part of your brand strategy. Consistent, strategic branding leads to a strong brand equity, which means the added value brought to your company’s products or services that allow you to charge more for your brand than what identical, unbranded products command. The added value intrinsic to brand equity frequently comes in the form of perceived quality or emotional attachment. For example, Nike associates its products with star athletes, hoping customers will transfer their emotional attachment from the athlete to the product. For Nike, it’s not just the shoe’s features that sell the shoe.
Defining Your Brand
Defining your brand can be difficult, time-consuming and uncomfortable. It requires, at the very least, that you answer the questions below:
- What is your company’s mission?
- What are the benefits and features of your products or services?
- What do your customers and prospects already think of your company?
- What qualities do you want them to associate with your company?
While preparing brand strategy one cannot rely on his assumptions, if’s and buts. Don’t rely on what you think about your customer, instead know what they think. To know what your customer thinks, you have to do the research. Learn the needs, habits, and desires of your current and prospective customers. And don’t rely on what you think they think. Know what they think. Once you’ve defined your brand, how do you get the word out? Here are a few simple, time-tested tips:
- Get a great logo. Place it everywhere. Use the guideline given in the brand manual. Be consistent with the placement of Logo.
- Develop a tagline. Meaningful and concise statement captures the essence of the brand. Catchy taglines hold a brand image in customer’s mind.
- Design marketing materials. Design templates and create brand standards for your marketing materials. Use the same color scheme, logo placement, look and feel throughout. You don’t need to be fancy, just consistent. As said above use the Brand Manual guideline.
- Integrate your brand. Branding extends to every aspect of your business. Integrate your brand with every aspect of your company, it can be your office space, even how you answer your phones, what you or your salespeople wear on sales calls, your e-mail signature, everything.
- Communicate brand messaging. What are the key messages you want to communicate about your brand? Write down your brand attributes, create your brand message with clearly portrays the confidence and your vision and value the company follows. Your every employee should be aware of your brand attributes.
- Keep your brand promise. Customers won’t return to you or refer you to someone else if you don’t deliver on your brand promise. Be true to your brand.
- Be consistent. Last and important as said above be consistent. Consistency is the major key to brand success. If you can’t do this, your attempts at establishing a brand will fail.
By following these basics of branding steps for your process and completing their accompany action items, your brand will not only stand among other brands but also will have a strong presence over the market and will last longer than any other brand for sure.
We at Rachana Designs ready to assist you to build your brand strategy, any other branding services related to branding like logo design / Marketing collaterals, web designing, social media marketing etc, What you have to do is just fill up our free quote form / send your inquiry to us, our expert will contact you soon to help you out.
Hello my friend! 🙂 I have something nice to share. It’s about [kn-post-title]!! Read now by click this link [kn-post-url]